Aircraft Emergency Locator Transmitter
McMurdo Kannad Integra AF-ER
All the features of the McMurdo Kannad Integra 406 AF-Compact plus GPS and internal backup 406MHz antenna.
Sending a distress message with GPS coordinates enables rescuers to come directly to you, rather than search the area. The Kannad Integra AF-ER also features internal 406MHz and GPS antennas saving significant cost on installation in many aircraft.
Once activated the Kannad Integra AF-ER transmits continuously for over 24 hours on 406MHz (distress) signal and over 48 hours on a 121.5MHz (homing) signal, alerting international rescue services to the emergency and your location via the global Cospas-Sarsat Search and Rescue satellite system.
Existing variants are :
- AF Integra (ER) : Automatic Fixed, Extended temperature range
- AF-H Integra (ER) : Automatic Fixed, Specially designed for helicopters, Extended temperature range
- AP Integra (ER) : Automatic Portable (with its auxiliary antenna), Extended temperature range
- AP-H Integra (ER) : Automatic Portable (with its auxiliary antenna), Specially designed for helicopters, Extended temperature range
- Integrated internal 406MHz back-up antenna
- Unique built-in GPS
- Compact size
- Low cost two wire compatibility when installed with optional control panel
- Minor change approval available for most common aircraft
- Operates at temperatures as low as – 40°C
- Optional programming dongle, perfect for fleet operators
- Quick and easy retrofit with universal mounting bracket
- Built-in alarm/buzzer
- Completely self-powered by the ELT battery (replacement every 6 years)