GADSS Compliant Distress Tracking ELT
Kannad GADSS ELT-DT
The Kannad GADSS ELT-DT is a fixed Emergency Locator Transmitter – Distress Tracking type, designed to meet the ICAO GADSS ADT requirement which will be applicable in January 2021. Adaptable to any commercial aircraft, its programmable trigger-in-flight capability detects imminent distress situations and automatically sends a secure 406MHz distress signal including the accurate aircraft position. The operator ground activation service ensures that the aircraft is autonomously tracked and reporting a notification of distress to the relevant authorities.
The Return Link Command Service enables an activation from the ground in case of an incertitude about the aircraft status or if attempts to communicate with the flight crew are unsuccessful.
Trigger-in-Flight capability – Based on programmable criteria, the Kannad GADSS ELT-DT automatically detects an imminent distress situation (according to flight events) which triggers beacon activation (or deactivation) any time during the flight in all conditions.
- Compliant with the ICAO GADSS ADT regulation
- Programmable trigger-in-flight capability
- Remote ground activation via Return Link Service
- Internal multi-GNSS providing accurate and independent aircraft position
- Compliant with FAA/EASA special conditions for Lithium batteries
- Post-flight localization capability through enhanced mechanical robustness
- Easy avionics integration through compact design and direct connection to databus
McMurdo’s ADT Vision – Supported by the Industry
Orolia, through its McMurdo brand, currently leads a consortium of well-established, proven European companies and industry experts as part of the HELIOS project. Their expertise in aircraft manufacturing, airline modifications, protective clothing design, search and rescue operations allows the ongoing development of GADSS compliant distress tracking (DT) beacons, compliant with the ICAO GADSS concept of operations, applicable by January, 1st 2021. More information can be found at www.helios-gsa-project.eu